Carolyn Alifragis is Of Counsel to Gilchrist & Rutter. Ms. Alifragis' practice focuses on real estate litigation; construction litigation; business litigation, including corporate and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud claims, professional liability claims, and breach of contract claims; and employment litigation, including discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour, and complex class-action litigation. She has represented clients in a wide variety of industries, including financial services, sports/entertainment, consumer/retail, computer/tech, restaurant and hospitality, oil/gas, and defense contractors/aerospace.
- Negotiated a client-favorable settlement in a multi-party, multi-cross-action construction defect case involving multiple high-tech data centers.
- Represented a global computer technology corporation in a nation-wide class action, including successfully opposing motion for class certification.
- Won attorney fee award after securing a rare dismissal with prejudice at the demurrer stage in a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty action; preserved decision on appeal with additional appellate sanctions award.
- Represented a large entertainment ticketing agency in the defense of a securities related action, with a successful verdict at trial as well as a successful preservation of the verdict on appeal.
- Prosecuted claims by corporate officers in multi-party litigation action arising from embezzlement and self-dealing.
- Represented a defense contractor in successfully defending against a class-action with a purported class in excess of 35,000 putative class members, including successfully opposing a motion for class certification.